Checking the engine oil level 1. Be sure the vehicle is on level ground.
2. Start the engine and allow it to reach normal operating temperature.
3. Turn the engine off and wait for a few minutes (about 5 minutes) for the oil to return to the oil pan.
4. Pull the dipstick out, wipe it clean, and re-insert it fully.
WARNING - Radiator hose Be very careful not to touch the radiator hose when checking or adding the engine oil as it may be hot enough to burn you.
5. Pull the dipstick out again and check the level. The level should be between F and L.
Do not overfill the engine oil. It may damage the engine.
If it is near or at L, add enough oil to bring the level to F. Do not overfill.
Use a funnel to help prevent oil from being spilled on engine components.
Use only the specified engine oil. (Refer
to вЂњRecommended lubricants and capacitiesвЂќ
in section 8.)
Changing the engine oil and filter Have engine oil and filter changed by an authorized KIA dealer according to the Maintenance Schedule at the beginning of this section.
Used engine oil may cause skin irritation or cancer if left in contact with the skin for prolonged periods of time. Used engine oil contains chemicals that have caused cancer in laboratory animals. Always protect your skin by washing your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water as soon as possible after handling used oil.
New electric steering and new multi-link rear suspension
All around the world, more than 860,000 Kia Sportage owners have enjoyed this model's special blend of on-road talents and off-road abilities since the second-generation model was introduced in 20 ...
Checking the brake/clutch* fluid level Check the fluid level in the reservoir periodically. The fluid level should be between MAX and MIN marks on the side of the reservoir. Before removing th ...
1. Tachometer 2. Turn signal indicators 3. Speedometer 4. Engine temperature warning light 5.Warning and indicator lights 6. Odometer / Tripmeter 7. Shift position indicator (Automatic tran ...