Rear parking assist system
The rear parking assist system assists the driver during backward movement of the vehicle by chiming if any object is sensed within a distance of 120 cm (47 in.) behind the vehicle.
This system is a supplemental system and it is not intended to nor does it replace the need for extreme care and attention of the driver. The sensing range and objects detectable by the back sensors are limited. Whenever backing-up, pay as much attention to what is behind you as you would in a vehicle without a rear parking assist system.
The rear parking assist system is a supplementary function only. The operation of the rear parking assist system can be affected by several factors (including environmental conditions). It is the responsibility of the driver to always check the area behind the vehicle before and while backing up.
Operation of the rear parking
â€¢ This system will activate when the indicator on the rear parking assist OFF button is not illuminated. If you desire to deactivate the rear parking assist system, press the rear parking assist OFF button again. (The indicator on the button will illuminate.) To turn the system on, press the button again.
(The indicator on the button will go off.) â€¢ The sensing distance while the rear parking assist system is in operation is approximately 120 cm (47 in.).
â€¢ When more than two objects are sensed at the same time, the closest one will be recognized first.
Non-operational conditions of
rear parking assist system
The rear parking assist system may
not operate properly when:
1. Moisture is frozen to the sensor. (It will
operate normally when the moisture
has been cleared.)
2. The sensor is covered with foreign matter, such as snow or water, or the sensor cover is blocked. (It will operate normally when the material is removed or the sensor is no longer blocked.) 3. Driving on uneven road surfaces (unpaved roads, gravel, bumps, gradient).
4. Objects generating excessive noise (vehicle horns, loud motorcycle engines, or truck air brakes) are within range of the sensor.
5. Heavy rain or water spray exists.
6. Wireless transmitters or mobile phones are within range of the sensor.
7. The sensor is covered with snow.
8. Trailer towing
The detecting range may decrease when:
1. The sensor is stained with foreign matter such as snow or water. (The sensing range will return to normal when removed.)
2. Outside air temperature is extremely hot or cold.
The following objects may not be recognized
by the sensor:
1. Sharp or slim objects such as ropes, chains or small poles.
2. Objects which tend to absorb the sensor frequency such as clothes, spongy material or snow.
3. Undetectable objects smaller than 1 m (40 in.) in height and narrower than 14 cm (6 in.) in diameter.
Rear parking assist system precautions â€¢ The rear parking assist system may not sound sequentially depending on the speed and shapes of the objects detected.
â€¢ The rear parking assist system may malfunction if the vehicle bumper height or sensor installation has been modified or damaged. Any non-factory installed equipment or accessories may also interfere with the sensor performance.
â€¢ The sensor may not recognize objects less than 40 cm (15 in.) from the sensor, or it may sense an incorrect distance.
â€¢ When the sensor is frozen or stained with snow, dirt, or water, the sensor may be inoperative until the stains are removed using a soft cloth.
â€¢ Do not push, scratch or strike the sensor.
Sensor damage could occur.
This system can only sense objects within the range and location of the sensors; It can not detect objects in other areas where sensors are not installed. Also, small or slim objects, such as poles or objects located between sensors may not be detected by the sensors.
Always visually check behind the vehicle when backing up.
Be sure to inform any drivers of the vehicle that may be unfamiliar with the system regarding the systems capabilities and limitations.
Pay close attention when the vehicle is driven close to objects on the road, particularly pedestrians, and especially children. Be aware that some objects may not be detected by the sensors, due to the objectâ€™s distance, size or material, all of which can limit the effectiveness of the sensor. Always perform a visual inspection to make sure the vehicle is clear of all obstructions before moving the vehicle in any direction.
If you donâ€™t hear an audible warning sound or if the buzzer sounds intermittently when shifting the gear to the R (Reverse) position, this may indicate a malfunction in the rear parking assist system.
If this occurs, have your vehicle checked by an authorized KIA dealer as soon as possible.
Your new vehicle warranty does not cover any accidents or damage to the vehicle or injuries to its occupants due to a rear parking assist system malfunction. Always drive safely and cautiously.
Checking the washer fluid level Check the fluid level in the washer fluid reservoir and add fluid if necessary. Plain water may be used if washer fluid is not available. However, use washer solv ...
First Drive: 2010 Kia Forte
The Forte is technically the successor to the Spectra, but it is really so much more than that. This time, Kia decided to leave the help of the rocked-out Soul hamsters behind and instead concentr ...
1. Door lock/unlock button 2. Outside rearview mirror control switch 3. Power window switches 4. Master power door lock control 5. Master power window control lock 6. Steering wheel 7. Instrum ...